10 Quick Facts About Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna Kano APC Guber Candidate
On Saturday, March 11, Nigerians would head to the poll to cast their votes for their preferred governorship candidates.
Ahead of the big day, there are some of the top governorship candidates who are giving the opposition parties a run for their money.
Facts about Gawuna that might interest Nigerians ahead of the poll
The fate of the candidates would be determined by the electorates who have been convinced of the works of the politicians in various offices of service to their people in their respective states.
Without further ado, Legit.ng dives into the interesting details of the Kano state governorship candidate who is Abdullahi Ganduje’s preferred successor;
PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram – get the most important news directly in your favourite app!
1. Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna is a Nigerian health personnel, businessman, and politician
2. In May 2022, he became the governorship candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress for the 2023 general election.
3. Gawuna was a two-time chairman of local government, ALGON chairman, and was a trusted commissioner of local government.
4. He assumed office as the deputy governor of Kano state on September 19, 2018; Dr Nasir Yusuf Gawuna became the deputy Governor after the resignation of the former deputy Professor Hafiz Abubakar in 2018.
5. Gawuna was the former Kano state commissioner for agriculture
6. He was first appointed as a commissioner by the former Governor of Kano state, Engineer Rabiu Kwankwaso.
7. Gawuna is the chairman of the Kano state taskforce on COVID-19.
8. He was chairman of the Nasarrawa local government area for eight years under the defunct All Nigeria’s Peoples Party (ANPP), while Ibrahim Shekarau was the governor of Kano state; interestingly he worked with the three state governors.
9. He is currently the deputy governor of Kano state serving under the leadership of Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje.
10. The top northern politician dumped the ANPP, a party he was part of from the year 1999 through 2014; and joined ruling the APC in the same year, 2014.
Dr Nasir Yusuf Gawuna became the deputy Governor after the resignation of the former deputy Professor Hafiz Abubakar in 2018.
Gawuna was the Commissioner, of the Ministry of Agriculture before he become the Deputy Governor. He was also the Commissioner during the administration of Governor Kwankwaso and he was the Chairman of Nassarawa Local Government during the administration of Malam Ibrahim Shekarau.
Interestingly, he is in the race, the 2023 contest to be precise to succeed the current Kano state Governor, Ganduje.
INEC Chairman, Commissioners in Closed-Door Meeting as Sources Say Governorship Elections May Be Postponed
Barring any further extensions, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has reached a decision to postpone Saturday’s Governorship and State Assembly elections to March 18, 2023.
A top INEC official in Rivers State who craved anonymity confirmed the development on Wednesday evening.
The electoral umpire, the source added, will soon release an official statement about the postponement.
Jubilation as court gives final verdict on APC governorship candidate’s case
In another development, the Federal High Court sitting in Jalingo has affirmed that the name of Emmanuel Bwacha, the APC gubernatorial candidate for Taraba, is on the portal of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and cleared him to contest the Saturday, March 11 governorship election.
The session presided over by Justice Bala Usman on Tuesday, March 7, resolved that the name of Emmanuel Bwacha be published in the INEC portal if deleted as the governorship candidate in the March 11 elections.
Meanwhile, Bwacha filed a suit at the Federal High Court Jalingo division requesting INEC to clear the controversy about whether his name was on the INEC portal or otherwise.