BREAKING: Tinubu Sacks NBC DG, NAN MD, NTA DG, Appoints Replacements
- President Bola Tinubu has confirmed the appointment of eight new heads in the Ministry of Information
- Ajuri Ngelale, the special adviser to the president, on Thursday, October 18, announced the development in a statement
- The president according to the statement sacked some heads of the agencies and noted that the appointment of the new director generals (DG) takes immediate effect
Chief Ajuri Ngelale, the special adviser to the president on media publicity, made this known through a statement issued on Thursday.
According to the statement shared by @DOlusegun, an aide to the president on social media via X page (formerly Twitter), Tinubu immediately appointed their replacements with immediate effect.
President Tinubu also approved the appointment of eight (new Chief Executive Officers for Parastatals and Agencies under the Federal Ministry of Information and National Orientation, the statement further confirmed.
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
Details of those appointed are as follows:
Those newly appointed are:
(1) National Orientation Agency (NOA) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Lanre Issa-Onilu
(2) Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Salihu Abdulhamid Dembos
(3) Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) — Director-General / CEO — Dr. Muhammed Bulama
(4) National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Charles Ebuebu
(5) Voice of Nigeria (VON) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Jibrin Baba Ndace
(6) Advertising Regulatory Council of Nigeria (ARCON) — Director-General / CEO — Dr. Lekan Fadolapo
(7) News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) — Managing Director / CEO — Mr. Ali Muhammed Ali
(8) Nigerian Press Council (NPC) — Executive Secretary / CEO — Mr. Dili Ezughah
“The President tasks the newly entrusted leadership in these important sub-sectors to innovate and create new opportunities for Nigerians to leverage upon through the effective reform of these key institutions of government which function to unify our people, reshape mindsets, and showcase this great nation to the rest of the world.
“By these directives of the president, the above-listed appointments take immediate effect,” the statement noted.
Tinubu appoints CEOs for NIPOST, NCC, NITDA, others
Meanwhile, President Tinubu has approved the appointment of new and returning Chief Executive Officers for the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST), National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) and others.
The other agencies are Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT) and Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC).
The Special Adviser to the President on Media & Publicity, Chief Ajuri Ngelale disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday, October 11.
Tinubu appoints Fela Durotoye, 4 others
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Tinubu confirmed the appointment of new members to the presidential media team.
Tinubu approved the appointment of the new heads to serve in the Office of the President under the media and publicity directorate with full respect for the tenets of Nigeria’s federal character principle and the supremacy of merit.